The Instructor will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner.
This is an entry-level position for candidates with no previous experience with Sommet Edelweiss instructor team.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment and how to load and unload the chairlift.
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Snow School's programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities. (Childrens' Instructors Only)
- Acts as ambassador for the station and promotes the activities of the station.
- Attends weekly information meetings.
- Performs any other related task.
Less than 1 year.
- Ski: Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance (CSIA) or PESQ Level 1 valid certification (or in the process of obtaining it);
- Snowboard: Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors (CASI) or PESQ Level 1 valid certification (or in the process of obtaining it).
Must be fluent in all aspects of the English and French language (spoken and written).
More than a job, it's a lifestyle! Being part of les Sommets Snow School means enjoying benefits such as regular workshops on the terrain to perfect your skills, advanced teaching tools and a variety of job opportunities!