As a condition of my use of the premises and facilities and my participation in snow sports (skiing, snowboarding, alpine touring or any other activity) on the premises, I declare the following:
- PHYSICAL CAPACITY:
I hereby acknowledge and declare that I have the required physical ability to participate in snow sports and in alpine touring activities or snowshoeing or cross-country skiing.
- MOUNTAIN CODE OF CONDUCT(« Code ») :
I hereby agree to respect at all times the Mountain Code of Conduct (« Code ») and to show courtesy towards others. The Code is adopted under the Act Respecting Safety in Sports. Said Code applies to anyone who practices a snow sport and is legally binding.
- Remain in control of your speed and direction. Make sure you can stop and avoid any person or obstacle.
- Yield the right of way to persons downhill and choose a course that ensures their safety.
- Stop on a trail only if you are visible from above and if you are not obstructing the trail.
- Yield the right of way to persons uphill when entering a trail and at intersections.
- If you are involved in or witness an accident, remain at the scene and identify yourself to a first-aider.
- Use and wear at all times a proper device to prevent runaway equipment.
- Keep out of the lifts and trails if your ability is impaired through use of alcohol or drugs.
- Obey all signs and warnings and never venture off the trails or onto a closed trail.
I hereby agree to obey all other rules and signs pertaining to any particular activity as marked out by the resort.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS:
I hereby acknowledge and understand that skiing, snowboarding and any other snow sport offered on the premises involves inherent risks, including, but not limited to the following:
- Changing weather conditions;
- Variations in the terrain and the degree of inclination of the slope;
- The presence of natural obstacles and/or man-made obstacles, either made by the resort or other participants in the activity and the condition of the mountain. Any obstacle or natural condition of the mountain or made by the resort or other participants, such as the presence of streams, creeks or holes, the presence of rocks, dirt, patches not covered with snow, the presence of trees, regrowth of trees, natural shrubs and stumps, as well as any other natural or man-made obstacle not listed above, but which may be found in a ski resort;
- The presence of ice or patches of ice;
- The condition of snow or ice on or beneath the surface and any sudden change in the snow conditions;
- Any collision with another skier or any other person;
- The presence of pylons, lift towers, fences, snow making equipment, snow grooming equipment and other structures, whether used or not in the operation of the resort, but which may be found in the resort, as well as the collision with these elements;
- The use of ski lifts of any type, whether for risks related to boarding, riding or disembarking ski lifts or any other risk related to ski lifts;
- The presence on the trails of mobile maintenance equipment, snowmobiles, emergency vehicles, as well as snowmaking equipment or any other vehicles, equipment or structures used for the operation of a ski resort;
- The use of snow parks and/or features/equipment of any type that may be found at that location;
- Avalanches, landslides or mass movement of snow.
I am aware of the inherent risks of snow sports and that it is a condition of my use of the premises and facilities and my participation in these snow sports that I assume and accept all risk of personal injury, death, property loss or any other loss or damage, resulting from the above listed inherent risks as well as in connection with any other inherent risk not specifically mentioned in this form.
- DISPUTE :
I hereby acknowledge that any lawsuit or dispute relating to this agreement would be submitted only to the courts of the Province of Quebec, which will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claims.